Annual General Meeting & Extraordinary General Meeting
Results from Intelsat’s 2018 Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
On June 21, 2018, Intelsat S.A. (the "Company") held its 2018 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (the "AGM") and an Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (the "EGM") in Luxembourg.
Below, please find the results from the AGM and EGM:
Each of the eight proposals listed below were approved at the AGM by an affirmative vote of a simple majority of the votes validly cast by common shareholders entitled to vote at the meeting:
- Approval of the Company's statutory stand-alone financial statements for the year ended on December 31, 2017 (containing 2016 and 2017 financial information);
- Approval of the Company's consolidated financial statements for the year ended on December 31, 2017 (containing 2016 and 2017 financial information);
- Approval of the allocation of the Company's annual results for the year ended December 31, 2017;
- Approval of discharge (quitus) to the directors of the Company for the proper performance of their duties for the year ended December 31, 2017;
- Re-election of the following three Class II directors: (a) David McGlade, (b) Stephen Spengler and (c) Robert Callahan, each for a term ending at the general meeting of the Company approving the statutory financial statements for the accounting year ending on December 31, 2020;
- Approval of the directors' remuneration for the year 2018;
- Approval of re-appointment of KPMG LLP as Independent Registered Public Accounting Firm and of KPMG Luxembourg, S.C. as approved statutory auditor (réviseurs d'entreprises agréés) of the Company; and
- Renewal for a further five year period (ending on June 21, 2023) of the authorization to the Company to purchase, acquire, receive or hold shares of any class in the Company within certain limits and subject to certain price parameters.
The following proposal was approved at the EGM by a two-thirds majority of the votes validly cast by common shareholders entitled to vote at the meeting, representing at least half of the issued share capital:
- Approval of the five year extension of the validity period of the authorized share capital and waiver of shareholder pre-emptive rights, and related amendment to the articles of incorporation.
For more information about the proposals, please see Intelsat S.A.'s 2018 Proxy Statement, available on the Company's website at www.intelsat.com/investors.